The ultimate experience through Iran.
Special, authentic travel tours. But what exactly does a cultural trek entail?
Both nature and culture are the key elements. Through well-marked hiking trails in various natural areas, which are interspersed with transport by bus or plane, we travel from one cultural highlight to another. Along the way, we will visit some typical Iranian villages, with ample of opportunities to communicate with the inhabitants. These villages offer a good view of Iranian life in that particular area.
Ciran has currently several tours on offer. The program shifts from focus on ‘culture and cities’ to a focus on walks in nomadic lands and mountain hikes. All our trips include both cultural and natural aspects. The final program will be established in consultation with the group.
- 09. 2017 – 22 September t/m 8 Oktober 2017 – Cultuur/ natuur highlights
- 2020-01 • 16 Januari t/m 2 Februari 2020 – Off the beaten track, het zuiden van Iran
- 2020-02 • 13 Februari t/m 1 Maart 2020
- 2020-04 • 12 April t/m 26 April 2020 – Stedentocht met nadruk op poëzie en spiritualiteit
- 2020-04 • 9 April t/m 26 April 2020 – Culturele trektocht – de highlights van Oud Perzie en hedendaagse Iran
- 2020-05 • 21 Mei t/m 7 Juni 2020 – Natuur, cultuur, nomaden en UNESCO erfgoed
- 2020-07 • 26 Juli t/m 9 Augustus 2020! Iran ’te voet’ …..
- 2020-11 • 26 November t/m 6 December 2020 – een herfst avontuur – ‘Short and Sweet’
- 2022-09 • 22 September t/m 9 Oktober – Culturele trektocht – de highlights van Oud Perzie en hedendaagse Iran
- A memorable week with Happinez
Below you find an example of our way of travelling.
A sample tour…
The itinerary is a proposed one, reflecting our personal experience, suggestions from our network, and our insight knowledge of the area.
My guidance of your tour (free interpreter non-stop available!), combined with the small size of the group, creates enough opportunities for changes in the travel schedule when required by the group or individuals.
Depending on the selected trip, the fee for Ciran’s cultural treks varies. To ensure the highest quality standards, Ciran employs local guides who are specialised in hiking.
Throughout Iran, we will move by bus, plane or on foot. All domestic flights are with Iran Air.
A sample tour:
- Day 1: Flight to Tehran
- Day 2: Stay in Tehran
- Day 3: Hiking trail through Elboersmountain
- Day 4: Mountain village Massouleh
- Day 5: To valley Kelardasht along Caspian Sea
- Day 6: Beautiful walk with panoramic views and vistas
- Day 7: Scenic route to Tehran
- Day 8: Flight Kerman, stay in Kerman
- Day 9: Bam and Mahan
- Day 10-11: Yazd and temple of the Zoroastrians
- Day 12-14: Stay in Isfahan
- Day 14-16: Walk through the land of the Bakhtiari
- Day 17-18: Stay in Shiraz and visit to Persepolis, the city of Darius I
- Day 19-20: Walk through the foothills of the Zagros Mountains with colorful local Qashqai women
- Day 21: Back in Tehran
- Day 22: Flight to Amsterdam
Find below a brief description of a few days of one of our treks!
There is an old proverb that says, “Isfahan, nesfe djahan”. This means: “Isfahan is half the world”, and that’s actually not as far-fetched as it may sound! Isfahan is the ‘flagship’ of Islamic Iran. A city with breathtaking charm, with enchanting mosques, beautiful gardens and elegant old bridges and palaces. Its heydays of the 16th-century come back to life here. Isfahan was the capital of Iran during the successful reign of the Safavid dynasty, whose main ruler was Shah Abbas. Isfahan is located at the banks of the refreshing Zayaandeh Rood river. Until late at night we can sit in the tea houses located under the ancient bridges and taste the city’s typical oriental atmosphere. In Isfahan, one also finds the country’s most accomplished artisans. This turns Isfahan into the best city to buy souvenirs.
During the two-day hike that follows, we explore the high plains of Zaard Kuhe Bakhtiari, where summer and winter literally co-exist. Also, we will meet one of the largest nomadic tribes of Iran, the Bakhtiari. This enables us to behold from nearby how these nomads have been successfully living in harmony with nature for centuries.
Iran is a country of spring, summer, autumn and winter! A country of snow and sun!